The 2017 Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute (UIFI) is underway! Session 1 began on May 13 and Session 2 kicks off on May 17, with nine more sessions throughout the summer months. We wouldn’t be able to make this program happen without the support of a special group of collegiate fraternity and sorority members—our Student Coordinators!
Student Coordinators for UIFI 2017 were selected from a pool of more than 130 applicants and are all graduates of UIFI. They were chosen based upon their leadership experiences as well as their ability to inspire and create lasting change in their own chapters and communities. Each Student Coordinator plays a critical role at UIFI—from managing much of the logistical support for sessions, to delivering testimonials during the program, which is consistently viewed as a UIFI highlight.
UIFI is a five-day institute sponsored by the NIC that brings together fraternity and sorority members from across North America to create opportunities for exploring, defining and enhancing their leadership skills. Participants also increase their personal awareness and commitment to their fraternity or sorority, and grow to expect values-based action from themselves and those they lead. Learn more about UIFI and register for one of this summer’s 11 sessions here.
Please join us in congratulating (and thanking) the following individuals who will serve as UIFI Student Coordinators this summer:
- Bethe Bell, Hofstra University, Phi Sigma Sigma
- Graham Bellairs, Hofstra University, Pi Lambda Phi Fraternity
- Andie Brunk, California State University Northridge, Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Justin Cancel, Denison University, Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Faith Chamness, Millsaps College, Delta Delta Delta
- Alex Champagne, Iowa State University, Phi Gamma Delta
- Dean Del Rio, Texas Christian University, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
- Karthik Dhanireddy, Virginia Tech, Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Camz Garcia, Florida International University, Phi Mu
- Shelby Gerwin, University of Mount Union, Alpha Delta Pi
- Hannah Green, University of Montana, Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Jenna Grimes, Bowling Green State University, Pi Beta Phi
- David Gudiel, California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo, Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity Inc.
- Malayna Hasmanis, Grand Valley State University, Phi Mu
- Sarah Johnson, The Ohio State University, Kappa Delta
- Cassie Little, Arizona State University, Sigma Kappa
- Brandon Lucas, University of Mount Union, Phi Kappa Tau
- Joshua Manning, University of Texas at Dallas, Phi Gamma Delta
- Natasha Martinez, Washburn University, Alpha Phi
- Eric Pansick, Indiana University-Bloomington, Delta Chi Fraternity
- Tess Phillips, DePaul University, Alpha Xi Delta
- Christian Richmond, University of Toledo, Kappa Delta Rho
- Ari Ruiz, Austin Peay State University, Kappa Alpha Order
- Kaelan Saley, Emory University, Sigma Phi Epsilon
- John Sowards, Marshall University, Alpha Sigma Phi
- Fernando Tovar, Denison University, Lambda Chi Alpha
- Darrius Veazia, Texas Christian University, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Patrick Wright, Florida International University, Sigma Alpha Mu